Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Natural Bridge


Every year for Thanksgiving, David and his Berkeley friends get together to celebrate.  Two years ago when I joined the party it felt very much like The Big Chill.

This past Thanksgiving we all met and had Thanksgiving in Santa Cruz. One afternoon we all went to Natural Bridge State Park. We were in a grove of eucalyptus trees; we walked further on a wooden sidewalk down into a canyon. Then to my surprise as the painting developed – it very much felt like the Natural Bridge Experience.

This painting was inspired from a photo my youngest son Neil took on one of his many sojourns through China.

They (Neil (my son) and Emily (my daughter-in-law)) are now in Viet Nam. Finding more inspiration on his blog I’ll have more paintings to share with you.



Monarch Bridge
Watercolor on 300 lb paper
11 x 15


As always, keeping the brushes wet
Teresa Beyer

No comments:

Post a Comment