Monday, August 25, 2014

Entry # 6 Embraced

The Artist Way

Reading through the basic principles and tools, formulating what is expected. So here are the basics.

  • Read the Basic Principles everyday being aware of any shifts or changes in consciousness regarding the principles.
  • Three pages of long hand journaling everyday for the next three months.
  • A date with my artist self once a week. A play fun date.
Sounds like a lot but totally doable and I'm certain that it will all be worth the time to make these wonderful discoveries and recoveries, to explore the mystery not to be confused with mastery.

Starting on Wed. Sept. 3rd, I will be reading and working through the first of twelve exercises. Follow along with me, I would sure love the company.

Week1: Recovering a Sense of Safety
Shadow Artists
Your Enemy Within: Core Negative Beliefs
Your Ally Within: Affirmative Weapons
Creative Affirmations
Tasks
Check-In

Entry # 6
The paper was soaked with water and some paint was introduced while dripping wet. Then the paper was crumpled into a ball and left to dry. Creating this wonderful texture.


Entry # 6 Embraced
22 x 15
Water-Soluble ArtGraf Stick
KMJ 140 coldpress
textured paper

So I had this beautifully textured paper, that I drew on with a water-soluble grafite stick. I then wet the graphite with a brush, creating this warm and protected embrace.

Keeping the brushes wet,
Teresa



2 comments:

  1. Yes! I don't have a copy of TAW, regardless, I commit to Daily Morning Pages, Brene Brown inspiration, and weekly art (Thursday Night Therapy ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool. So I understand that the morning pages can be quite therapeutic, yes?

      Delete