Friday, August 22, 2014

The Palace #1


The Palace of Fine Art
7.5 x 11
watercolor on KMJ 140

A sweet little watercolor, a painting of The Palace of Fine Art in San Francisco, CA.

This was a projected piece, yes. The size of The Palace in general. As you can see I did do quite a bit of drawing in and painting in the piece, and yes! you see! It is still at an angle.

So I have a second larger piece already projected and ready to go. With very little detail drawn in. I'm going to get started on it today. Decide on which palette I want to work in. A limited palette of three colors, red, yellow and blue. So many choices in each color.

The other thing I have been struggling with for the last year or so is the development of my own style. So lets see where the end of the year takes me. I can see my style in this little piece and I like it.

Art Quote
You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere, and you will find a joy in overcoming obstacles. Remember, no effort that we make to attain something beautiful is ever lost. What I am looking for is not out there, it is in me.
Helen Keller (1880-1968)

No comments:

Post a Comment